Apart from the automatic backup feature, the developers have also re-written the v4l / decklink capture to use MLT instead of implementing its own capture routines, thus improving the webcam support.
The release note in the project page says that the developers have put lots of efforts into bug fixing and stability. Over 150 bugs fixed. The 0.8 release had many problems with corrupted project files that should now be solved. "We have also improved the handling of missing clips and proxy support which should now work correctly," the release notes says.
Among the features improvements, the proxy clips (clips replacing the original ones when editing a format that is too slow to edit, for example AVCHD) should work fine now, HDMI capture should also be improved (feedback welcome) and some GUI multi threading should make operations a bit smoother.
Kdenlive, with its wide range of features, is regarded as one of the best video editors for linux.
- Mix different media without prior import
- Support for a wide range of codecs and formats including Mpeg2, mp4 and h264 video, Mp2, mp3 and ac3 audio, Ogg vorbis
- Support for a wide range of camcorders and cameras
- DVCPRO50™ streams and DNxHD™ streams (decoding only, encoding untested).
- Multitrack edition with a timeline and unlimited number of video and audio tracks.
- Video and audio tracks organized in layers.
- Tools to create, move, crop and delete video clips, audio clips, text clips and image clips.
- Configurable keyboard shortcuts and interface layouts.
- A wide range of effects and transitions. Ability to add custom effects and transitions.
- Non-blocking rendering using a rendering separate application. Stop, pause and restart rendering. Continue to work on your project without any possible loss of data.
- Export to standard formats such as DV (PAL and NTSC), Mpeg2 (PAL, NTSC and HDV) and AVCHD (HDV), High quality h264, non-destructive formats.
Install Kdenlive from Official PPA
(for Karmic, Lucid, Maverick, Natty, Oneiric)
Use the terminal to execute the following commands
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:sunab/kdenlive-release sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install kdenlive